16 Jan Babishai Niwe Foundation (Uganda) Announces @BNPoetryAward 2015 Submissions
Our partners, the Kampala-based Babishai Niwe Poetry Foundation, chaired by Beverley Nambozo Nsengiyuvna, just released the Call for Submissions for the 2015 BN Poetry Award. It’s open to all African Poets of all genders with $1000 in the sweet pot. Kenya’s Tom Jalio won the 2014 Award. Parrésia COO, Richard Ali, is on the Board.
See details below.
PRESS RELEASE-15 JANUARY 2015
2015 BN POETRY AWARD CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
The BN Poetry Foundation is pleased to bring yet another exhilarating, stimulating platform for African poets world-wide. We strongly believe in rewarding great poetry where we can and so, we are filled with abundant enthusiasm as we send out our 2015 call. #BNPA2015
The submissions will be received from January 15 2015 to May 15 2015. By early July, we will send out a long-list and later a shortlist and the final winner will be announced during the 2015 BN Poetry Festival in Kampala in August. The winner receives 1,000 US Dollars and the top ten will receive publication, poetry mentorship and participate in various literary festivals. There will be an exclusive pull-out of our experienced judges on Monday 26 January.
Guidelines for submissions:
• It is open to ALL African poets (living anywhere in the world), who will not have published (including self-publishing), a full-length collection of poetry by May 2015. By African we mean either born on the continent, citizen of an African country or with either one or both parents as citizens of an African country
• Submissions should be previously unpublished, in English and not more than 40 lines each. Submit using Times New Roman, single-spaced and size 12. Local languages are accepted only if English translations are sent alongside them
• Send a maximum of three poems and a minimum of one poem to firstname.lastname@example.org as a word attachment. Include the poem’s title on the poem but DO NOT include your name or contact details on the poem itself
• The subject line should read, “BNPA 2015”
• Include your name, email address, country or birth and country of permanent residence, telephone number and the titles of your poems in the body of the email
• The submissions will be accepted from January 15th to May 15th 2015 at 11:59pm Ugandan time
• There is no theme, be as inventive and original as possible
• The long-list will be announced by July 2015
• For more details or for any inquiries, view the website at www.bnpoetryaward.co.ug, , email email@example.com OR follow us on Twitter @BNPoetryAward
THE WINNER WILL RECEIVE 1,000 US DOLLARS. THE TOP 10 WINNERS WILL RECEIVE POETRY MENTORSHIP, PUBLICATION OF THEIR POEMS AND ALSO PARTICIPATE IN VARIOUS LITERARY FESTIVALS
There will be a special pull-out of our experienced Judges, running from 26th January to 7th August 2015